8 October 2020
Stratos Paradias re-elected President of UIPI
On 8 October 2020, Stratos Paradias was unanimously re-elected President of the International Union of Property Owners (UIPI) for a fifth four-year term.
Mr. Paradias, a Supreme Court Lawyer from Athens, Greece, is the founder and President of the Hellenic Property Federation (POMIDA). His entire career has been dedicated to the defence of property rights and property owners’ interests. He has been involved in UIPI for more than 35 years and has been its President since 2005. Under his presidency, UIPI has doubled its members and opened an EU representation office in Brussels.
At this occasion, the UIPI Assembly also held the elections of the Vice-Presidents and the Treasurer.
- Michele Vigne, Vice-President of Confedilizia (Italy),
- Dr. Friedrich Noszek, President of “Zentralverband der HB – Hausbesitzerhilfsverein” (Austria),
- Prof. Luís Menezes Leitao, President of Associação Lisbonense de Proprietários (Portugal),
- Dr. Kai Warnecke, President of Haus & Grund Deutschland (Germany), and
- Agustin Pujol, President of the Catalonia Chamber and Board member of the Confederación de Cámaras de la Propiedad Urbana y Asociaciones de Propietarios de Fincas Urbanas (Spain).
Newly elected Vice-President:
- Drs. Ing. Cindy van de Velde-Kremer, General Manager of Vereniging Eigen Huis (The Netherlands).
Re-elected Treasurer: Dr. Rudolf Steiner, Hauseigentümerverband (Switzerland).
Stratos Paradias stated after his re-election:
“It is an honour for me to have the opportunity to serve property owners in Europe for another term. The strong support of my friends and national counterparts in Europe shows how robust our association has become and how convinced we are that we are doing the right thing to voice the interests of millions of home-owners and private landlords in Europe. In the difficult times of the pandemic, I will do my best to continue the good work of UIPI.”