The International Union of Property Owners (UIPI) is looking for a Junior Public Affairs Officer, starting asap
- EU national or have a valid Belgian work permit;
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Knowledge of additional EU languages is an asset;
- Graduate in law, economics, political sciences or European studies;
- First experience in EU Public Affairs or within an EU institution;
- Strong understanding of the EU decision-making process;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fast learner, with strong organisational skills, eager to work in a small EU affairs office.
Reporting to the UIPI Director of European Affairs, the Junior Public Affairs Officer appointed will:
- Monitor EU policy developments and draft position papers;
- Advocate the interests of property owners;
- Conduct research and participate in EU projects;
- Represent the organisation towards EU institutions or other stakeholders;
- Contribute to internal and external communication and provide organisational support;
- A stimulating position in public affairs and the possibility to work on a wide range of policies;
- The opportunity to travel in Europe and work in a multicultural environment;
- A full-time and fixed term contract that should evolve into a permanent contract;
- An interesting package.
To apply to this position, please send your cover letter and CV to: Emmanuelle Causse, Director of European Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is Wednesday 22 June 2016. Interviews will take place shortly after the deadline. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate should start as soon as possible (1st of September at the latest).